The source code only version of the Sense/Net 6.0 Beta 5 has just made available on codeplex as an alpha release.
There are quite a number of things we need to polish before we can reach production quality. And we are hardly working hard on the evaluation materials too that describe the Beta 5 features in detail. So get this version to experiment only with the Sense/Net 6.0 Content Lists, the Templated Field Controls and the Lucene based Content Query. Do not implement anything important with it just yet.
Here is a quick roadmap for our next few weeks
Next couple of days:
- Beta5 will be extended with the long awaited visual Content Query Editor – implemented in Silverlight 3. This will be a hidden update to the beta5 download, so check back often if you are interested.
- Blogs about Content Lists and Templated Field Controls here on blog.sensenet.com
January first week:
- Sense/Net as a company moves to Sense/Net 6.0 :) We will upgrade our project related document workspaces to SN6 Document workspaces. That in itself we be a nice reference to the Beta5 features as we to store about 150+ projects / year – each with potentially hundreds of related documents, memos, images, etc – ecms business tends to yield tons of “documents" regardless of project size.
January 15 (or so):
- We reach production quality with the Lists and the lucenized Content store. Beta5 goes from alpha to beta. We’ll have better but not perfect Document and Project workspaces.
January 30 (or so so):
- We’ll have Workspaces finished. We’ll have Approval and Versioning sorted out to our Beta5 specification. (Too bad its in Hungarian and I can’t share it)
- First time in the history of Sense/Net 6.0 we will select “Stable” in the release editor on codeplex.
- Experimental Visual Workflows feature are available for geeks.
- We are .NET 4.0 ready – compiling against and taking advantages of in some cases
- Sense/Net 6.0 Workflow feature released in Beta